Tennessee Approved - Online Concealed Handgun Permit Training!
About the course
TNGunClass.com is firearms training school, offering a basic handgun safety course that complies with Tennessee State law since the passage of HB-1264 to certify you for a concealed handgun carry permit. We have created this training program to satisfy the requirements of this new law and help people get their permits - even if they aren't in a financial situation to spend hundreds on a typical firearms training class, or if they can't dedicate an entire day to take one in person, or if they are already an experienced shooter.
The program will take about 90 minutes to complete, it is entirely online, and only costs
The program is broken up into 13 educational topics. Each topic consists of a video that must be watched in its entirety, followed by a short multiple choice quiz. After completing all topics, we have one more quiz on everything that the class covers. After you've completed that quiz, you'll be presented with your training certificate.
The topics covered are:
- Handgun Uses - Where we discuss the common uses of pistols.
- Basic Firearms Safety - Which covers the four fundamental rules of firearm safety.
- Safe Handling of Firearms - Which discusses additional safety rules while shooting.
- Ammunition - Where you'll see the parts of a firearm cartridge.
- Handgun Features - Which describes all of the components and functionality of common handguns.
- Action Types - Where we will demonstrate different modes of operation for common handguns.
- Handgun Function - Where you'll be shown how to load, unload, discharge, and make a handgun safe.
- Handgun Techniques - Where we'll demonstrate how to safely draw from a holster and fire.
- Firearms and Suicide Prevention - Where you'll LEARN how to support a person who is in emotional distress.
- Handgun Uses and Techniques - Where you will receive basic instruction on shooting fundamentals.
- Secure Gun Storage - Where you'll be introduced to the wide variety of ways to secure a firearm.
- Safe Transportation - Which describes how to safely transport a firearm on your person.
- Safe Handgun Cleaning Instructions - Where will show you how to clean your handgun safely.
- Firearm Law - Which will go over the main pieces of legislation regarding firearms Federally, and current state law on carrying handguns.
Our material was created by an NRA Certified Firearm Instructor in collaboration with the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, and Project Childsafe. Some material has been reviewed by an attorney who specializes in firearm law.
Once you've completed the course, you will be presented with a digital certificate, certifying under penalty of perjury that you have completed a compliant training program. The certificate contains a verification code that can be used to ensure it's authenticity, and is signed by an NRA Certified Firearm Instructor. If you'd like to see what our certificates look like, Click Here.
We've worked since the passage of HB-1264 to stay in contact with the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security to ensure the course is in compliance with the law, and our course has been reviewed and fully approved.